[Moon-Net] coaxial cable + antenna rotator

K9RX arsk9rx at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 19:50:07 CEST 2021

Dick,

It is possible that LMR600 will do the same thing – I’ve not seen any obvious damage to the outside (if it were bundling up on the braid I’d think you’d see a bulge from the outside)… also note I wanted to avoid stresses and yet still have decent low loss. This is being used on my 6M array so it is quite low loss – I made it 14’ long so that it hangs down from the array (which is also designed not to have any more than a 45degree angle on the coax as it leaves the T connection) hangs down and comes back up in a loop to the 1 5/8” HL which as mentioned is also pointing downward.

Gary
K9RX

[my thought was I’d use LMR1200 or 900 on the 23cm dish – assuming I go to that band]

Sent from Mail for Windows 10