[Moon-Net] coaxial cable + antenna rotator

pa4vhf pa4vhf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 19:44:11 CEST 2021

Thanks all for answering to my question regarding the use of low loss coaxial cables in combination with an antenna rotator.

Summarized:

Ecoflex 15 should be avoided! several people reporting cracks in the copperfoil causing problems
Hyperflex 13 and Superflex 13 (M&P) also suffer these problems, several people reporting this as well.

The standard 10mm coaxial cable seems better, not seen any direct report of foil problems.

SCF12-50 still seems to be the best solution, but it is recomended to use a double loop which is large enough.

Also LMR600-UF seems suitable, but I wonder if this cable is not suffering the same problems as Ecoflex 15/13mm cable as discribed above.
Maybe LMR600-UF has double breading?

 Thanks again.

73

Dick, PA4VHF