[Moon-Net] {EXTERNAL MAIL} Transfer Relays - recommendations ?

Bill Booth ve3nxk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 14:37:59 CEST 2021

On 2021-04-30 5:40 a.m., Owen, Michael via Moon-net wrote:
> With 400W, the following are both good.  Low loss and high isolation such that you
> don’t need a 2^nd protection relay:

I am not too sure about that "no 2nd relay part".  This relay type is great for
switching in/out the PA as then you only need one relay.  You will still need one
relay at the feed for the protection of the preamp.

The DowKwy one is expensive when new, but there are others very similiar in
construction on the used/refurb market for under 100

I use the 4 port relay around my 400w PA and have a another small sma type at the
feed for the preamp. -
Bill Booth VE3NXK
Sundridge ON, Canada
79.23.37 W x 45.46.18 N
FN05ns

Visit my weather WebCam at http://www.almaguin.com/wxcurrent/weather.html

Organ and Tissue Donation - The Gift of Life
Talk to your family.  Your decision can make a difference.