[Moon-Net] converting AZ / EL coordinates to XY coordinates

Bob Atkins ka1gt at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 06:21:31 CEST 2021

I have received feedback from SPID when I've written to them.  They don't provide schematics of their controller as far as I can tell. They are not overflowing with technical data, but they've responded to me a number of times and even sent parts for testing (see https://bobatkins.com/radio/spid_electronics_update.html).

They (the SPID factory) certainly don't seem to have the world's best customer support, and there is indeed a lack of technical information from them at times, but they have not ignored my email.

I'm not quite sure what they mean by converting AZ/EL to X/Y.  I thought AZ/EL was X/Y (left/right and up/down?). The usual question is converting RA and DEC to AZ and EL.

Bob, KA1GT