[Moon-Net] converting AZ / EL coordinates to XY coordinates

Staszek SP6GWB sp6gwb at netgate.com.pl
Tue Apr 27 10:50:01 CEST 2021

The rotor manufacturer SPID wrote to me the following request.
73's de Staszek SP6GWB

Mr. Staszek, could you put a question on the moon forum ??
Since I dealt with XY rotors, I need an algorithm (formula) for
converting AZ / EL coordinates to XY coordinates.
I need an algorithm, a formula to convert.
Please post such a query, maybe someone will answer or tell you where to
look?
Now many follow LEO satellites and the XY rotors are the best for that.