[Moon-Net] 10GHz EME beginners question

Donhawbaker donhawbaker at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 16:00:57 CEST 2021

 I concur with Ric.    I use a TS-2000X on 10 GHz EME.    Set for delayed output in advanced menu.    Used with an older model Kuhne transverter.    It is excellent.    I have had no problems.

When doing CAT control on 10 GHz which is almost all of the time, CFOM, I need to compensate about 100 hertz because the TS-2000 is about that far off frequency.    But it is stable and is always that amount.

I’m either going to recalibrate it, or do a mod for GPSDO control.    I have the hardware for GPSDO,    I have not had time to do it.

The 5 watt output works well.    I use 432 IF to reduce image and LO feedthrough, and with feedline loss out to the dish and transverter, the level is about optimum.

Just don’t forget to set it down to 5 watts.    Forgetting can be disastrous as I learned the hard way with a DEMI transverter on another band.    I should dedicate the rig to 10 GHz EME, but I use it for FT-8 often on all the bands that the TS-2000 covers.

73s