[Moon-Net] coaxial cable + antenna rotator

K9RX arsk9rx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 14:18:55 CEST 2021

I use LMR600, 14’ of it coming off the T junction of my power divider lines on my 6M 4X7 array. It hangs down and then comes back up to meet with the 1 5/8” feedline which is curved around near the top of the tower 180degrees so that the connector points down and doesn’t stress the LMR600.

For 23cm I was thinking I’d use LMR1200 for the line coming off the antenna connecting to the 1 5/8” feedline. It is listed as “flexible”. There is also an LMR900 which you might consider.

Gary
K9RX

I have some questions regarding the use of low loss coaxial cables in combination with antenna rotator.

The cable should be flexible and able to withstand a lot off repeated bendings.

LMR600-UF might be another one, but much expensiver and maybe difficult to get, including connectors.

So, anyone has experience with the use of SCF12-50 as a cable in a rotatable system and what should be a 'safe' loop radius?
Also interested in other comments, tips, ideas and experiences regarding this subject.

73 and CU on 432MHz EME

Dick, PA4VHF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10