[Moon-Net] IC-9700 PTT commercial box available, almost.

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Apr 12 18:46:01 CEST 2021

I saw this and wondered why one would not just use a sequencer to
control T/R on components when you wanted them.

I use a DEMI sequencer in my station controller, which is keyed by my
K3 or KX3 and then turns off power to LNA's, controls antenna T/R
relay, enables transmit devices, and finally controls my radio to
enable transmitting RF.  I operate several bands so the sequencer
functions control relay boards connected to each band's
devices.  e.g. all LNA's are turned off together, all antenna relays
go to Tx position (so no RF is fed to LNA's, transverters keyed,
power amps keyed, ... then the radio Tx inhibit line is defeated
allowing it to send RF.
<http://www.kl7uw.com/control_box.htm>KL7UW STA CONTROL BOX Page

If I want to receive on one band and transmit on another, I have an
override switch on the LNA's.

But I do not have an IC9700 so unaware of its particular properties
or options which might need special attention.

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 04:04 AM 4/12/2021, Marc Lalonde via Moon-net wrote:
>problem whit CV-I to separate PTT is that if cable or radio setup is
>bad  you end up to TX on your LNA
>have do my own desing and chose to not sell it after i blow my self
>my own 432LNA
>
>i end up whit solution to keep all the 3 band PTT togeter and put
>all 3 amp in TX  ,whit only 1 whit RF
>so this way i also prevent LNA overload from other antenna.  let
>said you have 1KW on 144, the 432 antenna pick up even if not the
>same band but still lot of energy and may harmonic related to
>.....  bo better to put all in TX so LNA is unconected from antenna
>
>Marc VE2PN
>
>  On 12/04/2021 12:21 AM, Sean McHenry via Moon-net wrote:
>>
>>This showed up today on the IC-9700 list. In case anyone missed
>>this post, this looks like a viable answer to the issue of using
>>multiple PTT controlled devices (amps, preamps, switching relays,
>>sequencers) by band from the IC-9700.  I am just passing this along
>>as I haven't seen it discussed here as of yet.
>>
>><https://thedxshop.com/product/ptt-multiplier-for-icom-ic-9700/>PTT
>>Multiplier for Icom IC-9700 - The DX Shop Limited
>>

>>Sean
>>
>>KB8JNE

73, Ed - KL7UW
   http://www.kl7uw.com