[Moon-Net] Spid and Alfa Spid rotators

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Wed Apr 7 19:43:18 CEST 2021

To confirm with my experience:

I have ordered two RAK at different times from
InnovAntenna* in the UK (best price I've found)
and the equipment shipped from Poland, directly.

*Cheaper than either US or CA sales outfits even
with shipping costs from Poland.  Bought my two
G0KSC designed LFA2 WOS 7-element 6m yagis from them.

73, ED - KL7UW

At 07:06 AM 4/7/2021, Don Moman VE6JY via Moon-net wrote:
>Utter nonsense.  The name merely indicates who
>sold them, the product is all manufactured by SPID Poland. Â
>
>On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 7:26 AM Keith Bainbridge
>via Moon-net
><<mailto:moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com>moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com> wrote:
>Just a comment from me.
>I’ve owned an Alfa Spid RAS for several years
>and it always lost its position, once wrapping
>the coax twice around the mast before it snapped.
>I changed to a 18vdc supply and all the problems went away.
>Calibration is a once every few months check.
>I now also own a Spid ( not the Alfa Spid ) Big
>Ras/HR, driving a 3 mtr mesh dish and the motor
>runs on the 26vdc supply and the controller on a 16vdc supply, both homebrew.
>No problems at all so far .
>I’ve been told many times that the Alfa Spid
>is a copy and isn’t as reliable as the genuine
>Spid, whether thats true or not I don’t know,
>but both mine are doing what I want them to do.
>I did consider the Green Heron controller as we
>use several of them at our radio club, but so
>far the originals are behaving well.
>I suppose there are good and bad ones out there :(
>Cheers
>Keith
>
>Keith Bainbridge
>VK6KB / VK6EME