[Moon-Net] MAP 65 (To Serge VE1KG and Francesco IK2DDR)

cbarthod at gmail.com cbarthod at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:14:44 CEST 2021

Serge and Francesco, thank you very much for your answers certainly
awaited by Joe and his team of developers who need our answers if only
for her motivation!

Many developers work for free to give us the possibility of have tools
and techniques previously unaffordable for individuals. Now we have at
our disposal a wonderful sandbox for playing and satisfying our desires
for discovery and experiments. I thank them (Joe, Leif, all teams) very,
very much.

It is true that MAP65 is certainly not essential for our activity, but
for exchanging messages between us the EME is certainly not much more
useful. Today we have many other ways for communicate more effectively !

In my opinion EME is a formidable technical challenge which is not
limited to a simple QSO ! It is possible to improve, optimize our
stations with tools like MAP65, LINRAD, SDR, Dual Polarity, Automatic
moon Tracking, Automatic Doppler Correction,... Remote station, remote
monitoring, ...... Link budget prediction, ... Calculation of
astronomical data, .... JT65,.... and for future Q65, .....

I remain convinced that it is through this approach that we will be able
to motivate young people.

Today I am working on the development of an optimized mobile EME station
based on dual polarity. MAP65 and LINRAD are essential for that. So
without the MAP65 update I will be forced to change my playing field.

--- 73s Christian F8GHE - KM4JLR