[Moon-Net] what type of 48" LED T12 or T8 lights are EMI quiet?

Scott Armstrong aa5am at vntx.net
Sun May 10 06:49:16 CEST 2020

Dave,

I installed/replaced four  4ft fluorescent lights  with the Hyperikon
lights similar to what Dan has.

Mod# 842000741BC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S5O83BG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My experience is exactly the opposite. These things generate noise from 10
MHz up to 144 MHz and maybe beyond. I have to shut them off to play radio.
Especially in the HF/6M band.

Only difference between the two is that mine are Dual End Ballast Bypass
and Dan's are Single End Ballast Bypass. Maybe the length of the bulb is
acting as an antenna... don't know.

Haven't had time to fiddle with them to see if I can put ferrites on the
lines to quiet them down.

Also bought 4- 8ft CNSUWAY LED lights Model# SWFA8FC45W  to start replacing
the 18 - 8 footers in the  garage. These things are just as bad.
Haven't replaced the other 14 yet.

Good Luck YMMV,

Scott AA5AM