[Moon-Net] Rigs with 1Hz steps which can change frequency during transmit?

Bob Atkins ka1gt at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 21:50:36 CEST 2019

I currently use an FT-897 as the main rig in my 432 and 1296 EME system. It's limited to 10Hz frequency steps and the CAT interface won't allow it to change TX frequency during transmit (though you can do it with the main dial). This is fine for 432 and 1296, but might be limiting if I go to higher frequencies.

So what are my options for a rig with 1 Hz steps and CAT controlled frequency change during transmit, without having to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house. It needs to be capable of operation on 144 and 432 MHz to run my 432 and 1296 EME system.

Older (i.e available used) is fine.  Specs like these (especially whether it can or cannot change frequency using CAT during Tx) are hard to find in the literature. For example it looks like the IC-7000 does 1Hz steps, but does it to frequency change during TX via CAT?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Bob, KA1GT