[Moon-Net] 1296 MHz EME - JT65 / CW cross-mode

Paul Andrews paulmandrews1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 20:56:27 CEST 2019

Bob,

Thanks for your thoughts.   You're right.  The cross-mode contact could not
be used for CW-only or Digital-only when applying for awards or for some
contests.   I need to look and see if LoTW can handle logging a cross-mode
QSO.

I'm involved in a thought experiment and trying to design the lowest cost
1296 MHz EME station possible.   Visualize a 8ft stress dish, patch feed, 1
dB NF preamp, 20w amp, RTL-SDR receiver and 1296 MHz CW (beacon oscillator)
transmitter.   Can this all be done for $300?

This entry level station wouldn't see it own echos but could work a 3m
class station with good condx.  That's the goal.

A CW transmitter is easier to build than a SSB receiver.

73 - Paul - W2HRO