[Moon-Net] Logs

Bob Atkins ka1gt at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 22:22:50 CEST 2019

I've always sent the signal report exchange, either in dB, RST or "OOO/RO" format for the ARRL EME contest.

As far as I know there is no requirement to send a grid locator, though everybody does. So you couldn't use the grid as the exchange.

"4. Exchange: Each station must send and receive both call signs and a signal report in any mutually understood format, plus an acknowledgment of the calls and report. Partial or incomplete contacts should be indicated on your log, but not counted for contest credit."

Since there's no requirement to send grid, I've often wondered how you are supposed to figure out what state/province a station is in. I suppose you could look up the licence address, but there's no guarantee that a station is operating from their home location.

Bob, KA1GT.