[Moon-Net] ARRL contest

John stefl WA9FWD at outlook.com
Tue Sep 24 00:04:51 CEST 2019

I had the option of choosing between four bands for the contest. I chose to operate on 3 CM for the entire time as I see this contest as more of an activity day rather than a contest. Allowing the use of the internet and JT contacts has removed most of the competitive elements and the short time period makes changing bands way too time consuming for me.

My old dish is far from ideal for 10 GHz, but I managed to work OZ1LPR and SP6JLW the first night and OH2DG, OK1DFC, OK1CA and OK1KIR the second day which was cut short by thunderstorms.

I was very disappointed at the amount of scheduling via HB9Q's logger and the lack of stations calling CQ. I am looking forward to the DUBUS contests.

John
WA9FWD