[Moon-Net] [Moon] ARRL contest Microwave leg.

Ingolf, SM6FHZ ingolf.fhz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 21:44:35 CEST 2019

Hi all.
I was on 6cm only and I can second Peter's comment about activity from an
6cm perspective. 6cm seems to have lost popularity a lot from previous
years. I managed to make the following QSO's; Sept 21: OK1CA, UR5LX,
#VE6BGT and VE6TA, Sept 22: JA4BLC, G3LTF, UA6PTW and #F5IGK. All on CW,
without any logger soliciting.
Great pleasure to work 2 new stations without any pre-notice. Very nice
surprise, thanks a lot and warm welcome to 6cm EME! Hope you will enjoy it.
I heard no other stations on the band, but understand I missed a few. Maybe
because I did not call CQ constantly on a empty band nor took a hound-hour
pass Saturday morning (but I spent 45 minutes early Sunday morning and went
back to resting after that).
No US stations heard in this ARRL contest, quite an surprise as well.
I understand running multi-band during this contest is a masterpiece in
compromising, trying to satisfy all constraints with bands and Moon
availability for all different stations. It turns out like all compromise,
dissatisfaction in a lot of places :-)
At Least I got time for the final touch in painting the house done during
the w/e. That satisfies me :-)
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Virus-free.
www.avg.com