[Moon-Net] EME Contest - listening on 10Ghz

Bob Atkins ka1gt at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 19 22:16:05 CEST 2019

Unfortunately I won't be giving out any points this weekend since I don't currently have Tx capability on any band higher than 1296.

However I will be testing out RX with my small dish system on 10Ghz. I have automatic Doppler correction and tracking and a fully rotatable linear feed. I can track the moon all the way up from local moonrise. I will be watching the HB9Q reflector and hoping for activity on 10Ghz to test the system out. I did some tests a month or so ago with G3WDG and easily copied his QRA64 signal (-14) with him running 50W to a 3m dish, so I should be able to copy quite a few stations. Maybe Tx by next year...?

Good luck to all. I'll be fully QRV next month on 1296.

Bob, KA1GT