[Moon-Net] RFhamDesigns mesh dish on 10Ghz??

Bob Atkins ka1gt at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 19:26:04 CEST 2019

Has anyone tried to use one of the RFHamDesigns mesh dishes on 10Ghz? They offer 2.3mm mesh, good to 11Ghz, but I have a hard time thinking that the surface accuracy would be good enough for 10Ghz.  I have the 2.4m dish with 6mm mesh which is great at 1296. I'm wondering if there would be any point trying it on 10Ghz with smaller mesh.Changing or overlaying the mesh would not be a trivial task.  My gut feeling is that it probably wouldn't work well and a smaller solid dish would outperform it. Has anyone tried using one of their larger dishes (1.5, 1.8 or 2.4m) on 10Ghz?

Bob, KA1GT