[Moon-Net] 23cM's Future

JOHN REGNAULT john.regnault at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 17 14:03:58 CEST 2019

Bob KA1GT is spot on in his analysis:

The DEFINITIVE, non-rumour version is:
"23cm, there has been concern about a few cases of interference from amateur signals to the Galileo navigation system, specific to its E6 sub-band at 1260-1300MHz. It is IARU’s firm view, and stated in the paper it has submitted, that this should be properly studied within CEPT, rather than proposed as an agenda item for WRC-23."
Please see: http://rsgb.org/main/files/2019/08/CPG19-116_IARU-AI-10_Amateur-GNSS.pdf

The outcome of the CEPT meeting includes the following statement: " The draft Resolution that would guide such studies excludes the removal of the existing amateur Secondary allocations."
https://www.iaru-r1.org/index.php/174-news/latest-news/1886-cept-cpg-finalises-its-positions-for-wrc-19

The 1296MHz band is not completely  out of the woods, it is unlikely never to be without significant threat as are most other amateur VHF-microwave bands! These are very long term 2023+++ issues which should not impact anybody's plans to exploit a band.

So to a number of posters who have relayed wrong information, unless you know the true situation, please do not post rumour or your own interpretation of second hand information which is probably wrong!

73
John G4SWX