[Moon-Net] 23cM's Future

Paul Andrews paulmandrews1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 22:34:48 CEST 2019

The Galileo system was first activate in 2016.   There are now 1 billion
cell phones with Galileo compatible chips.

I have not yet seen / recognized Galileo interference when operation on
1296 MHz with a 4m dish.  Maybe I saw or heard something but did not
recognize it.  I have not see any performance decrease.

>From my reading the Galileo E6 signal at 1278.75 MHz is the most likely
interference source.   This signal might be up to +/- 20 MHz wide.   Here
is my back of the envelope interference estimate.

Galileo predicts that the E6 signal will be -155 dBW on the earth at
1278.75 MHz.

The E6 signal at 1296 MHz should be -175 dBW on the earth.

The E6 signal will have a RHCP signal sense and most EME stations receive a
LHCP signal.  This might provide another 20 to 25 db of isolation.

Maybe the E6 signal interference level is -200 dBW at 1296 MHz??   This
still looks like a big signal.

I will know there is a problem when the ON0EME beacon no longer has a -10
dB WSJT signal at my station.

73 - Paul - W2HRO