[Moon-Net] SUN NOISE ON 144MHZ

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Mon Sep 16 19:29:00 CEST 2019

Serge....I made a post about this about a month ago.....use the sun,
moon, or even stars.  In WSJT you always have real time bearings for the
sun and moon.

Even in total overcast conditions you can usually see the sun through
the clouds......look here at this example I did earlier. The WX was
horrible and 100% no "sun" or shadows but easily enough to get a bearing.

Just line up your antenna where you think the sun is then step away from
your tower and keep walking until the sun, or moon, or planet, or star
is lined up on your mast.....It takes me 2-3 minutes maximum time, day
or night, rain or shine.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mJmXG_LaSJFjR1NXTjx7h1Sf8xu47XjK

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com