[Moon-Net] SUN NOISE ON 144MHZ

ve1kg at eastlink.ca ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Mon Sep 16 19:15:10 CEST 2019

Hi folks I am back on the air with a small SWR on the TX line which I never
had before. 30 watts reflected for 1kw.Must have gotten rain from Dorian
somewhere in the system!!!!

Now how do you measure sun noise when you have 4X17??? It looks to me my
beam  width must be to large

Probably 7 degrees so I do not see a peak of Sun noise. I was trying to
recalibrate my AZ before my MR last night & when I got MR I was off over 4
degrees. Not good even on 144mhz.

In the past I used a tree as a reference point after calibrating my AZ on
the moon went it was visible & used the tree as reference point when I could
not see the moon. No more tree after dorian.

So what do you guys do to recalibrate your AZ with no moon available???

Dying to know!!!!

Serge VE1KG