[Moon-Net] 23cM's Future

Paul Andrews w2hro.fn20 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 16:17:57 CEST 2019

Dale,

I don't know much about Galileo interference but I'm reading.

It appears that the EME portion of the 23cm band is not occupied by Galileo
signals.

https://gssc.esa.int/navipedia/index.php/Galileo_Signal_Plan

I did see a study which predicts amateur TV band interference into the
Galileo system.

I guess there are two concerns:

1) 1296 MHz EME receivers are affected by Galileo signals radiated towards
earth.

2) 1296 MHz EME transmitters (QRO) affecting Galileo receivers on the earth.

73 - Paul - W2HRO