[Moon-Net] FS: Larcan 2m kW SSPA

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Thu Sep 5 20:45:55 CEST 2019

FS is a very clean and 100% working 2m Larcan SSPA.

It is rated for 24/7 key-down kW operation & runs on 50 VDC. Drive power
is around 10W...._Note the #1 killer of these amps is over driving them
so I suggest starting out at 2-3W input with the amp into a
known/trusted meter and load and only then very slowly increase P(in)
until a kW is achieved._

This amp was modified & tested before it was mailed by the master
himself, Warren (VO1KS) and runs perfectly. However I have yet to fire
it up here at my QTH. Warren let's them run all night long at full
output power to ensure everything is perfect before it leaves his
skilled hands. It is being sold as-is only because some people
mistakenly over drive the SSPA and blow the finals. One nice thing about
the Larkin over the Harris SSPA's is the finals are common and still
available should you ever need one ! You need to add ample fans, T/R
relay and connectors of your choice......$700 + shipping. SSPA will be
double boxed (I do not skimp on packing).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16BMMAXuS3zmPk9m6iDQOMIJVKjGh3lnv

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....