[Moon-Net] IC-9700 switching

Chris, PA2CHR post at pa2chr.nl
Tue Sep 3 10:00:01 CEST 2019

Hi Marshall,

It also did not work with my IC7100  L

But it is OK with the IC9700  J

Vy7 3’s,

Chris, PA2CHR

Van: Moon-net [mailto:moon-net-bounces at mailman.pe1itr.com] Namens Marshall-K5QE via Moon-net
Verzonden: dinsdag 3 september 2019 4:19
Aan: moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com
Onderwerp: Re: [Moon-Net] IC-9700 switching

Hello all....I tried this scheme(putting -4VDC on the ALC) as a method of "transmit inhibit".  What I was trying to do was to not allow any RF to be produced until I was ready.  Unfortunately, it took 2-3sec for the ICOM Pro2 to recover from the ALC blocking voltage.  This was not acceptable, so I finally dropped the whole thing.  Other rigs might recover more quickly....so your mileage may vary.

73 Marshall K5QE