[Moon-Net] ARRL contest 2nd Weekend

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 19 22:40:16 CET 2019

I concentrated on 70cm CW in this w/e, adding OK1CA, SM7THS, VE6TA, DL7APV, LZ1DX, G0JLO, WA6PY, DK5OZ (dupe), JA0TJU, S51LF, PI9CAM, UB4UAA, JA6AHB, G4RGK, F6HLC, SP9VFD (dupe),OZ4MM, ZS4TX, KL6M, and DF3RU. I planned to be on 23cm CW in the first pass moon-set but a cable failure prevented that. On sunday I added on 23cm SM2CEW, PI9CAM, VE6BGT, RA3EC, N5BF, DJ3JJ and KA1GT. My 70cm total of 26 is my highest for 8 years. Sad that the NA activity on 70cm is so low these days. Conditions seemed good with sharp polarisation peaking and moderate Faraday rotation.
Thanks to all for the great QSOs, 73
Peter G3LTF