[Moon-Net] RF FET selection for 432 MHZ SSPA

Ken Arck ken at arcomcontrollers.com
Wed Nov 30 18:46:38 CET 2016

My results on 6 & 2, using Jim's building blocks
(The 2 meter one is used for  JT65B EME and goes
for hours and hours of use this way)

http://ah6le.net/index.php/vhf-solid-state-kilowatts

At 09:34 AM 11/30/2016, Ed K9EK wrote:
>Rick:
>Look at "w6pql.com" or "rfham.com", (although
>something may be wrong with the latter; my
>anti-virus says it is compromised). These 432
>pallet amplifiers (for 50, 144 1nd 432 MHz) use
>the MRFE6VP5600H dual LDMOS transistor. On 432,
>4W in gets 500W out. Run on 48VDC. Fairly easy
>to build and very tough and reliable. I've built
>all 3; 50 MHz gets 600W out with 1W in, 144 MHz
>gets 500W out for 1W in (this is the easiest
>version to build). Awesome stuff. I've written
>several papers on them if you would like to see
>them. There are also 1+KW versions. These were first shown in DUBUS 4/2012.
>73,
>Ed K9EK

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"