[Moon-Net] RF FET selection for 432 MHZ SSPA

Ed K9EK e.krome at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 18:34:05 CET 2016

Rick:
Look at "w6pql.com" or "rfham.com", (although something may be wrong with the latter; my anti-virus says it is compromised). These 432 pallet amplifiers (for 50, 144 1nd 432 MHz) use the MRFE6VP5600H dual LDMOS transistor. On 432, 4W in gets 500W out. Run on 48VDC. Fairly easy to build and very tough and reliable. I've built all 3; 50 MHz gets 600W out with 1W in, 144 MHz gets 500W out for 1W in (this is the easiest version to build). Awesome stuff. I've written several papers on them if you would like to see them. There are also 1+KW versions. These were first shown in DUBUS 4/2012.
73,
Ed K9EK