[Moon-Net] RF FET selection for 432 MHZ SSPA

Rick Muller rick.muller at asml.com
Wed Nov 30 17:58:29 CET 2016

Busy here building a SSPA for 432 Mhz
Currently using a MRF 186 ..  with 8 watt RF in I get about 90 Watt out .. using 26 Volt supply

I could replace the MRF 186 with another RF FET , my power supply can deliver up to 48 Volt with 25 Amp and the heat sink is big .
I am not an " advanced " RF builder so I do not know which FET to select .. there are new ones on the market every week ..
But changing the FET could also mean changing the design .. what kind of parameters are critical if you replace one type FET with the other ??

73's Rick, PA1BVM

-- The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Unless explicitly stated otherwise in the body of this communication or the attachment thereto (if any), the information is provided on an AS-IS basis without any express or implied warranties or liabilities. To the extent you are relying on this information, you are doing so at your own risk. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. The sender nor the company/group of companies he or she represents shall be liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, or for any delay in its receipt.