[Moon-Net] [Moon-net GG] Which 432 Mhz feed for a 4.5M dish in combo with 23cm Septum feed

Ingolf, SM6FHZ ingolf.fhz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:42:45 CET 2016

Hi Guy.

For your 0.45 f/D dish the Dual Mode feed is the wanted solution for 23 cm.
Let it be W2IMU or N2UO but Dual Mode. The N2UO implementation is very good.

The combination of a Dual Mode feed for 23 cm and a Dual Dipole Feed for 70
cm was analyzed from a 432 MHz point of view in my presentation at EME
2012. Look at page 16 and 17.

http://2ingandlin.se/EME_2012_Unexplored_Areas_of_432_MHz_Feeds_post_conference_version.pdf

Analysis of some variants Dual Dipole feeds for 432 MHz can be found here:

http://2ingandlin.se/Feed_comp_432_MHz.html

Using the round reflector version with the 50 mm choke (baffle) improves
the G/T to some extent (linked to in the text).

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

> Hi dish guru’s ,
>

> After lot of reading , vk3um-sm6fhz-ok1dfc-kl6m to name a few I don’t know
> what will be the best choice anymore.
>
> I have a 4.5M (15ft) dish F/d = 0.45 (unassembled) from RFHAMDESIGN since
> January waiting to get on a lift crane system ( NEKO 400A)
>
> First intention was for 23cm only with a septum feed ………… but my 4 x 38
> elem M2 on 432Mhz are a big pain in the ….
>
> When its dry they work FB even for single yagi stations like TO2EME -
> PJ7/PE1L - E44CM but asap that it rains or even when humidity gets high
>
> SWR goes up dramatically and kicks out my AMP.
>
> I am for now the only ON qrv on 432Mhz but limited to weather conditions.
>
> Depending on the specs from the 4.5M dish the gain will be equal to the 4
> stack except that I will have the benefit of switching H-V ,
>
> With a motor even all in between.
>

> Will it be possible (with min of losses) to have both 23cm (septum feed )
> and 70cm mounted together ?
>

> If YES what feed do I need to build or buy for 70cm to have both H and V
>
> If NO what will be my best option for a 4.5M - F/d = 0.45 dish ?
>

> 73 Guy ON4AOI – OT7K

> --
> --

Ingolf, SM6FHZ