[Moon-Net] Which 432 Mhz feed for a 4.5M dish in combo with 23cm Septum feed

ON4AOI_PDA on4aoi_pda at skynet.be
Tue Nov 29 17:25:41 CET 2016

Hi dish guru's ,

After lot of reading , vk3um-sm6fhz-ok1dfc-kl6m to name a few I don't know
what will be the best choice anymore.

I have a 4.5M (15ft) dish F/d = 0.45 (unassembled) from RFHAMDESIGN since
January waiting to get on a lift crane system ( NEKO 400A)

First intention was for 23cm only with a septum feed .... but my 4 x 38 elem
M2 on 432Mhz are a big pain in the ..

When its dry they work FB even for single yagi stations like TO2EME -
PJ7/PE1L - E44CM but asap that it rains or even when humidity gets high

SWR goes up dramatically and kicks out my AMP.

I am for now the only ON qrv on 432Mhz but limited to weather conditions.

Depending on the specs from the 4.5M dish the gain will be equal to the 4
stack except that I will have the benefit of switching H-V ,

With a motor even all in between.

Will it be possible (with min of losses) to have both 23cm (septum feed )
and 70cm mounted together ?

If YES what feed do I need to build or buy for 70cm to have both H and V

If NO what will be my best option for a 4.5M - F/d = 0.45 dish ?

73 Guy ON4AOI - OT7K