[Moon-Net] 23cm small dish feed idea

Ingolf, SM6FHZ ingolf.fhz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:53:22 CET 2016

Hi Alan.

If you are looking for a 23 cm circularly polarized feed for being used for
EME with a small (in wl) dish you might want to consider this one:

http://2ingandlin.se/Circularly%20polarized%20patch%20feed%20for%201296%20MHz_A.pdf

It is proven "in combat" and is used by several moonbouncers with dishes
your size with very satisfying results. Among them SM6PGP and G4BAO. It
goes well with dishes with f/D from ~0.32 to ~0.4.

I do hope you find a solution that satisfies your needs, Alan.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

> Hi all,
> With my 2m prime focus dish, I'm not that keen on a septum waveguide feed,
> sticking out from the feed point, some 60cm and pre-amps and cables etc.
> etc..
>
> This "Penny Feed" idea brings the feed back into the dish centre, a dead
> area
> usually blocked by the feed anyway. Short cables can then go through my
> dish
> centre, reducing messy cables enormously. I can even replace the feed
> struts
> with fiberglass rods.
>
> My question is, can the waveguide here (below) be square (or round) as
> with
> a septum circular polarised feed?
> (slots on all sides)
> (Can someone model this please?)
>
> From: http://www.microwave-museum.org/exhibits/mwm0024.htm
>

> 73 Alan VK2ZIW
>
> Evil flourishes when good men do nothing.

Ingolf, SM6FHZ
http://www.2ingandlin.se/SM6FHZ.htm