[Moon-Net] N5BF ARRL EME 2016 report

Courtney Duncan courtney.duncan.n5bf at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 06:47:19 CET 2016

In the November weekend, worked WA2FKG, DF3RU, SP5GDM, OK1CA, VA7MM, YL2GD, OK1DFC, KL6M, JA6AHB, VK2JDS, OE5JFL, LZ2US, ES5PC, and VE4MA on 1296 for 14 new contacts and 9 new multipliers making a two-weekend total of 36 QSOs (24 JT65C and 12 CW) with a 26 multiplier for 93,600 points.  In the hour and a half between the opening of the VK / JA window and entry into the western trees Saturday morning, worked one each:  VK2JDS and JA6AHB.  The moon was right on the edge of the trees as VK2JDS was worked.

I recorded several non-credit duplicate contacts and unsuccessful attempts in the log for completeness in possible reference to other logs submitted.  The near misses and not founds were painful as always, particularly the one with RW0LDF credited to my own sleep-deprived operator error!

For digital modes, I’m using the ZS6TW port of WSJT for the MacIntosh.  All CW, including lengthy CQs were done with a straight key.

Special 73 to Barry, VE4MA, fellow member of the San Bernardino Microwave Society on being my last successfully completed QSO!

73, Courtney, N5BF