[Moon-Net] FT-736R how to adjust 23cm frequency?

Curt radio.ku8l at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 16:17:21 CET 2016

Heloo Dirk:

I have not done this on my 736 but have spent some time refurbing a 1.2
Module.  So don't take this as the last word, but my impressions only.

I don't think there are any oscillators on the module.  It gets LO input
from off-board and uses that as input for its own PLL.  There is a VCO
but it will track the input.

There is complete data on this module in the tech supplement that
includes alignment info---other than setting the VCO levels, there is no
"master" frequency adjustment.  You may have to go thru a complete PLL
alignment to figure out what is going on.  Are you sure there are no
RIT/XIT values being input that could cause that offset?  Doesn't seem
reasonable that a PLL controlled system could be stable and off that
much on only one band unless the 1.2G PLL is malfunctioning in an
unusual way.

The Fox Tango site, among others has the technical suppllement.

Hopefully other users will chime in here.

KU8L

Curt