[Moon-Net] Prime-focus vs. Offset-dish

serge ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Wed Nov 23 22:55:47 CET 2016

Hi Rex thank you I have been following what you have been doing on 10Ghz
with small dishes & very low power.pretty amazing. As to the offset here i
have a 18"  Dish to watch one of the US satellite * we are so far east That
the satellite is about 4 degrees above horizon & my dish is pointing to the
ground to get reception. It appears than  a prime focus dish is easier to
handle but you seem to do well on 10Ghz Rex. I would imagine tracking must
be tough so if your offset is 23 degrees then 90 degrees is only 67 degrees
elevation with your dish. ON & ON
Thank you again for your suggestions.
SergeVE1KG