[Moon-Net] EME QSL Etiquette question

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Tue Nov 22 18:57:07 CET 2016

David addresses this very well.

I have no security issues getting paper QSL's
with money for postage (the usual is $2 that I
receive from international hams; US hams usually
send me a SASE).  Both are greatly appreciated as
my QSL for KL7 on 2m is in high demand.

I QSL 100% initial eme contacts.  IRC require me
to travel 80km to another Post Office to redeem
and still involves 30-minutes while postal
workers look up regulation, each time.  So please no IRC's.

I prefer direct QSL's but will use ARRL QSL
Bureau (KL7HFQ) but expect at least 6-month delay
in my receiving them (come in batches).  I'm
currently behind about 12+ QSL's in replying.  I will get there (100%).

Some have had my QSL lost several times; I
re-sent them.  Also some have their  QSL returned
"undeliverable" which makes no sense as my
QRZ.com address is fine but only use the PO Box
as there is no home delivery (helps me stay in
good relation with my local Post Office people
who need the box number for sorting the mail).

I do not do LOTW or eQSL so do not ask for that.

Now at above 500 initials on 2m, 47 initials on
23cm, and 8 initials on 6m.  My initial Logs are
available on my webpage which show QSL status.

I worked 51 in the recent ARRL Contest which
betters last year at 29.  Be nice to work 100
some day, but I will be splitting operations with
23cm.  I decided not to run 6m in the contest as
QSO's are currently taking 1-1/2 hours to
complete, often running several days in
attempts.  9cm is in the works with possibly QRV
in spring (outside work in winter is not nice).

73, Ed - KL7UW

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"