[Moon-Net] FUNCUBE and MAP65 experience

Ken Arck ken at arcomcontrollers.com
Tue Nov 22 16:49:58 CET 2016

Hi Jan

My setup is very similar to yours except I use the Funcube Pro+ AND
Linrad, which then drives MAP65 via a network connection. I have
tried the Funcube directly feeding MAP65 and have found things don't
work as well as when I use Linrad as well. One reason I think this
Linrad makes the difference it does is that it has a much better
noise blanker than does MAP65 (which I never enable). I also run
WSJT10 and my experience has been that most of the time, both MAP65
and WSJT10 will decode reliably but there are times one will decode
while the other doesn't. Hence the reason for running both!

Ken