[Moon-Net] 2.4M PRIME FOCUS / 2.4M OFFSET/ ALSO SEPTUM FOR 1296

DW Harms PA2DW qtc at kpnmail.nl
Mon Nov 21 22:57:37 CET 2016

Hi Ben and others,

This is what I sent to Serge, but it may be of interest to others so I post
it to all:

An offset dish would be better if you have a small dish, as it has marginal
aperture blocking.

Elevating and positioning the feed of an offset dish is however not so easy
but I once learned a very simple but effective way to do that. What we did
was pointing the dish towards the bright sun, then wetting the dish surface
with a garden hose so it would be nice and shiny. Then you can calibrate the
feed and elevation so that the sunbeams are right in the feed-center ;)

Best 73,

Dick PA2DW