[Moon-Net] Are 73s needed for a "valid" contact?

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Mon Nov 21 16:40:46 CET 2016

Hi Paul and others.....Your post says, "ARRL says no".  I believe that
is correct, but I would like to find that in their rules or get a ruling
from the Contest Director, Bart-W9JJ. I certainly don't want anyone to
be sanctioned or disqualified because of something like this that is not
perfectly clear to everyone.....it is also in conflict with "normal"
practice that we do every day.

Actually, I would like to be allowed to post a "thank you" as we
normally do......even during the contests.  This might have to be an
exception.  It would put the contests in line with normal practice for
casual operating and with working DXpeditions. Allowing this as an
exception(or a specific rule change-whatever) would not entangle an
operator who predominantly operates in the casual style.

Whatever, we need a careful ruling on what we can and cannot do....

I hope that everyone had a good time and made lots of contacts in the
contest.....

73 Marshall K5QE