[Moon-Net] NO 73s for a "valid" contact!

Lars Pettersson sm4ive at telia.com
Mon Nov 21 11:54:40 CET 2016

Gentlemen

IT has NEVER been a need for 73 for a complete QSO

a qso goes like this. in Ms or EME or what ever mode

PA5Y de SM4IVE   K

SM4IVE de PA5Y  OOO    (could be rst)

PA5Y de SM4IVE ROOO ROOO

SM4IVE de PA5Y  RRRRRRR RRRRRR

PA5Y de SM4IVE    RRRRRRRRRRR

QSO Comkplete end discusion

73 are sent as a courtesy    But absolute not needed for a Complete QSO
END OF Story.

So if i want to thanks some one on any media after above was done with
73 and thanks for QSO  i dont see whats wrong with that.

Its much worse when stations send report on logger during QSO thats
absolute not allowed.

73 De Lars SM4IVE

QRV on EME since stonedge

Den 2016-11-21 kl. 11:23, skrev PA2V:

> Conrad, and others,
>
> IF 73’s are needed for a complete contact, most DX-pedition QSO’s are
> invalid, and quite some in the past with CW too.
>
> Under difficult conditions, during piles and contest one don’t spoil
> time in the unnecessary 73’s.
>
> I like to finish a contact with 73, but if it is clear to me that we
> have all details on both sides I count it as a valid QSO.
>
> On HF with the many contests you will seldom hear a 73 in phone nor CW.
>
> So simple is it!
>
> 73, Peter PA2V
>
> (Still very happy with my E44CM 432MHz EME QSO)

I dont do ESP QSO`s i prefere to hear the station.
CW is still King!!!!