[Moon-Net] FLEX 1500 & MAP65

Cowles Andrus III K4EME candrus at mgwnet.com
Mon Nov 21 03:46:27 CET 2016

Hi Fellow EME'ers

I was entertaining the idea of using a FLEX 1500 on 28 MHz as a
transverter IF for EME.

Since the FLEX 1500 is low power, it would mate to many transverters
without much of an issue.

My main question I have is, WILL THE FLEX 1500 BE CAPATABLE WITH MAP65?

I figured that if it is capatable, there would be several people in this
group who may be able to share their experence with using the FLEX 1500
on MAP65 with me. Pros annd Cons?

If it is not capatable, please let me know and why.

I am currently using the FCDPP with MAP65 on receive and can see 90 kHz
of bandwidth at one time.

This works OK, but I am looking for a more eligent solution that won't
break the bank!

Could the FLEX 1500 support this same bandwidth with MAP65?

My knowledge base is been mostly with analog receivers, but this SDR
technology is a real eye opener!

It would be nice to have an SDR based transceiver system so not to have
to use a secondary radio as a transmitter.

Thanks in advance on any input on this subject!

Best regards & 73,

Cowles K4EME

Home page: http://cowlesradio.webs.com/
432 MHz ExtrEMEly Low Noise Preamp for sale:
http://cowlesradio.webs.com/drrf.html