[Moon-Net] Are 73s needed for a "valid" contact?

Stephen Hanselman eme at kc4sw.com
Mon Nov 21 03:37:39 CET 2016

You know i think both sides here have valid points but let's look at a typical Field Day, arguably the penultimate ARRL contest, SSB exchange.
CQ field day k6...
K6... k3/// 3A MD
K3/// k6... QSL 1B SCV
73  good luck
QRZ Field Day K6...

How does this relate to our digital format?  Basically they are the same "format" a minimalist passing of identifiers, location, and confirmation of the contact with the calling station passing a 73 and the called station just resuming his(her) CQ'ing.

I submit if it's OK for Field Day it's OK for our contest.

73's

Stephen Hanselman, KC4SW
Datagate Systems, LLC
3107 North Deer Run Road #24
Carson City, Nevada, 89701
(775) 882-5117 office
(775) 720-6020 mobile
s.hanselman at datagatesystems.com
www.datagatesystems.com
a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business
DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and permanently delete the original and all copies and printouts of this e-mail and any attachments.

Sent from my iPad