[Moon-Net] The Alligator

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Nov 20 23:21:04 CET 2016

Skip,

Nice "gator", does he bite? how's he like Alberta snow's?

I guess running a 21.5 foot dish would hear very
well, depending on your feed and LNA.  QRM is a
whole different problem;  I even have it when
doing JT65 on 2m due to so many that want me for
either WAS or DXCC (I'm the only KL7 "regularly"
on 2m-eme so pile-ups occur with up to ten
stations calling within a 100-Hz portion of the
band).  Fortunately JT65 lets me narrow decoding bw down to 20-Hz which helps.

When I run CW-eme I typ. narrow my K3 DSP bw down
to 100-Hz.  Of course ten stations calling in
that narrow a band on CW would be futile to
receive (I might isolated 2 or maybe 3 if not
smack on the same freq.).  1296 Doppler seems to
separate stations better.  Of course savy
operators offset 100 or 200 Hz and snag the contacts quicker.

Congrats getting VA7MM.  I worked him on JT65c last November.

73, Ed - KL7UW