[Moon-Net] DISH SIZE FOR 1296

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Nov 20 23:40:10 CET 2016

Barry,

You may have posted this before, but how much Tx power do you run in
AZ?  I'm having little issues running 125w at the feed on my 4.9m
dish, though eventually I will complete the other 150w amp to reach
near 300w.  Now that snow has arrived maybe more workbench time??

But first I got the old VE1ALQ digital tracking system to fix so I
can get back on 23cm.  G4DDK built me a new VLNA with N-male input
connector I am wanting to compare to the old repaired one that has to
use N/sma adapter between TR and LNA.  Hoping to see improved sun
noise Y-factor.

Local neighborhood electronic noise is rendering 2m-eme less and less
usable, though I worked 51 in ARRL Contest bettering last year by
almost double numbers.  Now how to keep awake longer? ;-)

We may be traveling across from BC by RV next summer enroute to MI so
might be in your MB neighborhood at some point.

73, Ed - KL7UW