[Moon-Net] G3LTF weekend results

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 20 23:28:18 CET 2016

I added 16 more (total 67)  on 23cm on the first pass. OK1DFC, IZ1AEM #, IW2FZR, F5KUG, G4RGK, F1PYR, UA3TCF #, OE5JFL, W4OP, LA3EQ, OZ4MM, S59DCD, SP2HMR, W4AF, F5HRY, G4YTL and VE4SA. CWNR were JA4LJB and DJ3JJ. Heard in QSO were NA4N, DK3WG, RA3AUB, never found their CQs. Someone with a call ending in ? LAT? called but didnt try for long enough. When the libration is bad it often takes 4 or more tries to get it confidently correct.  The wx worsened on Saturday evening as forecast with wind and heavy rain and I had just one 432 QSO with OK1DFC ( total 24) before I had to stow the dish at 2300. I thought the 432 rx  system had failed as signals were very weak and when I switched the preamp to a load the noise went DOWN by 3dB ( normally goes up by ~5dB) After stripping it all down today, measuring NF and relay loss, and finding no faults I suddenly realised... it was static rain! Dooohh!
Thanks to all for the nice random CW QSOs, most had an element of chat in them even if only an exchange of names.
Happy to run tests or skeds this week, wx permitting, any band 70, 23,13, 9 or 6cm.
73 Peter G3LTF