[Moon-Net] Polarization Noise

gabercr at nc.rr.com gabercr at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 15:07:01 CET 2016

With my portable 70cm array in the city, the noise floor between Horizontal and Vertical was very different.  I was picking up garage door openers, radar scans and all sorts of junk when Vertical.  Up in the mountains, I did not notice much difference except for neighbors outdoor LED lighting which created havoc.  Neighbor is 1000' away down the mountain.

I only setup 4x12 M2's which polarity rotation once so can't remember nor comment about 144Mhz.

Gary N8CQ