[Moon-Net] A little OT: Dual monitors

Ken Arck ken at arcomcontrollers.com
Sun Nov 20 00:58:03 CET 2016

Hi all

I've been running dual monitors on my "ham" computer (HP Compaq 6005
Pro Busines with an Athlon XII , 64 bit, 3 gHz), which is used mostly
for JT65B work on 2 meter EME. I run both WSJT and MAP65
simultaneously, as well as tracking program, Linrad, Firefox,
Spectran and an SDR radio (FCD+).

I've been running a 2nd monitor via a USB port and a J5Create USB >
DVI adapter (the 1st monitor is a VGA) and it's fine. HOWEVER, I
noticed that computer has both a VGA and DisplayPort output on its
video card (a very standard ATI Radeon) and I was thinking if I use
the DisplayPort output, along with an adapter to my 2nd DVI monitor,
I could free up some processor resources by not using a USB port
(already using them for various other things)

Thoughts?

Ken

HP Compaq 6005 Pro Business PCs
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"