[Moon-Net] EME Contest

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Fri Nov 18 23:07:49 CET 2016

Looking doubtful for 23cm this weekend.  Deep into troubleshooting
the digital tracking indicator and resoldering contacts.  LED arrays
start up and fade away let full dc voltage is there.  Good chance I
will have to rebuild the driver/display boards to eliminate
unreliable wire-wrap.  And winds are kicking above 20 mph (32kph)
which is too high to hold dish on point at 1296.

MR is 0630utc Saturday (10:30pm local time Friday) so I will try
2m-eme (not using logger) and calling CQ 1st 144.116 with 4x XP20 + 1300w+.

Had some noise issues with the Hpol preamp last time I ran so might
only receive Vpol (I can transmit either).  So if you have H/V pol
you might take into consideration that I might not be able to switch
pol on Rx (normally run adaptive receive with MAP65).

I will run as long as I can stay awake Saturday.  I have to QRT from
1900-2000utc to run local 2m-SSB net.  Probably take a break after
that until near MS when EU is again visible (2100-2230utc).  MR
Sunday is 0800utc (11pm).

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"