[Moon-Net] GPS timing for computers

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Thu Nov 17 00:55:50 CET 2016

Bill,

Thanks for the sw tip.  I have a BU353 GPS USB
dongle and loading BktTimeSync works with
it.  All I need do now is to shutoff D4.
This is part of long-range plan to run my XP32
computer off-line (no worries of lack of MS support).

My e-mail is already transferred to win10 laptop
and only need to migrate other internet reliant
stuff (website, google-earth, Elecraft Utilities, etc).

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 12:17 PM 11/16/2016, William McMaster wrote:
>Peter,
>
>I use one of these
>(<http://www.ebay.com/p/Pharos-Microsoft-GPS-360-Receiver/111008759>Pharos
>Microsoft GPS-360 Receiver) in my laptop.  It
>came with a copy of MS Maps that I got a number
>of years ago.  It plugs directly into the USB
>port and is about the size of a large postage
>stamp.  From the link above it looks like you
>can by then new for about $10 USD.
>
>I use
><http://www.maniaradio.it/en/bkttimesync.html>this
>software to sync my PC clock with the GPS time.
>
>I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about it.
>
>73.. Bill VY2WM

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"