[Moon-Net] GPS timing for computers

Lance Collister, W7GJ w7gj at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 16 23:21:53 CET 2016

Hello Peter,

I almost never have any access to internet when I operate 6m EME from a rare DXCC.
My laptop time is always set using GPS.  I use a Columbus V800 Data Logger on all my
6m EME DXpeditions.  You can find them from a number of sources, although I bought
mine on EBAY:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=columbus+v800

It plugs into a USB port on my laptop computer.  I use the BktTimeSync program to
read the time signals and set my computer clock:

http://www.maniaradio.it/en/bkttimesync.html

GL and VY 73, Lance

  On 11/16/2016 19:30, PETER HUTCHISON wrote:
> Have been racking my brain cell here and also looking back through the Moon-Net
> archives for information on a stand-alone unit that you can plug into a computer
> and that will lock the internal clock to a GPS signal. There was some
> correspondence about these units sometime ago but I cannot find it.
>
> Can anyone remember what the module was called? I've done some internet searching
> and I think that it was called a 'GlobalSat BU-353' but I cannot be certain.
>
> Can anyone confirm (or not) that this is the unit in question and if so does it
> work well enough for EME purposes?
>
> Thanks, Peter G4URT

Lance Collister, W7GJ
(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K, KH8/W7GJ, V6M, T8GJ)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT   59834-0073
USA
TEL: (406) 626-5728